Tackling shop theft in Grimsby Town Centre
The shops are re-opening after them shutting due to covid 19 and we are working in partnership to make sure this is safe palce for members of the public to visit.
This remains one of our highest priorities and we’re continuing our regular patrols to act as an active deterrent.
We also work closely with shop staff and security personnel to identify prolific offenders and put measures in place to prevent them from coming into the area and stop further thefts being committed.
A CBO has been granted by the magistrates court on a John COOPER born 07/07/1985 his conditions are as follows :-
- Not enter ot attempt to enter or remain in area marked on a map of the Town Centre (this can be obtained from your local communitiy team) unless a passenger on a public transport with a valid ticket, boundaries of the map to include Frederick Ward Way, Church lane, Bethlehem Street, Osborne Street, George Street, and Victoria Street West. John COOPER can enter Old Market Place Grimsby between Bethlehem Street and Halifax bank.
- Must not loiter, associate or engage with others in the old market place.
- Not to enter or attempt to enter B&M store, 155 Victoria Street, Grimsby and Home Bargains or the car parks of these premises.
- Enter or attempt to enter Spar, 33 Waltham Road, Grimsby.
- Remain in any retail premises if asked to leave by the owner, tenant, an employee or other authorised person in NE Lincs.
A further CBO has also been granted on a prolific offender Kieron KAUSS born 29/03/1995 with the following conditions
- Enter or attempt to enter or remain in the area marked on a map (can be obtained from the local policing team) Grimsby Town, unless a passenger on public transport with a valid ticket.
- Enter or attempt to enter any Sainsburys store with North East Lincolnshire.
- Enter or attempt to enter Primark stores, Friargate, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire
- Enter or attempt to enter Boyes, Freeman Street, Grimsby, North East Lincolnshire.
- Remain in any retail.