Crime Prevention Advice
With the clocks having being put back an hour we are encouraging residents to make sure they don’t ‘fall back’ with their home security too
“Darker nights provide thieves with an opportunity to work with less chance of being discovered.
“There are some simple precautions we can all take to reduce the chance of us falling victim to criminals.”
To keep your home safe after dark:
- Use timer switches on lights to make it look as if your home is occupied.
- Ensure all doors and windows are secure when you leave and when you go to bed.
- If possible use security lighting at the front and back of your property.
- Make sure all garden tools and ladders are locked away when not being used.
- Use a good quality lock on any garden sheds and outhouses.
- Make a note of all makes, models and serial numbers of expensive items in your home.
- Create a FREE and secure inventory of all your personal property at www.immobilise.com
- If you notice anything suspicious in your neighbourhood report it on 101.