Anti Social Behaviour – Oswald Road
In November we received reports of street drinkers causing a nuisance and acting in a disorderly manner on Oswald Road. We took action very quickly and one male was arrested on suspicion of breaching his Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) and other offences and has been remanded in custody until his trial in January. We are working to obtain a second variation to the CBO to prevent reoffending in the town centre and get him the help he needs.
This is the same group who caused Anti Social Behaviour on Dunstall Street throughout August and September. Our plan included:
- In October the court granted a variation to a Criminal Behaviour Order (CBO) on one local man for causing anti social behaviour and public order offences on Dunstall Street. He was found guilty of breaching his CBO and sentence to 12 weeks imprisonment. He has now been excluded from the town centre (except to attend prearranged appointments) until March 2021. Businesses and shops along Dunstall Street now report a big decrease in issues with street drinking, rough sleepers, begging and disorderly behaviour.
- Two men, both known to drink in the street and behave in a disorderly way, were given formal warnings excluding them from the area for three months;
- High visibility targeted patrols, speaking to local business owners and listening to their concerns;
- #Humbertalking has been conducted down Dunstall Street and most business have signed up to this. This enables us to contact business with updates;
- We have co-ordinated with partners from housing, environmental health, drug and alcohol services and safer neighbourhoods to provide support to rough sleepers and make the area cleaner and tidier.
If anybody has information about those responsible for these issues, please contact us through the 101 number or alternatively, by calling the independent charity Crimestoppers (0800 555 111).