November saw a decrease in motor vehicle thefts to two reports, a vehicle from Church Lane Wawne was used by a friend but without the authorisation of the owner, the vehicle was returned and dealt with by a community resolution. A red HONDA CBS125 motorcycle was stolen from a drive on East Lambwath Road, Withernwick and is still outstanding, any sightings of this YY12 FWB call 101 with investigation number 16/130208/19.
Three thefts from vehicles recorded – a medical bag was moved from the boot of a car parked on Old Chapel Close, Long Riston on the 7th November but found discarded on the drive, nothing was stolen. A car battery was stolen from a vehicle parked in Grimston and a rucksack was stolen when offender smashed a passenger window to a car parked on Lambwath lane in New Ellerby on the evening of 24th Nov.
Two further offences recorded involving vehicles – an interference by trying to remove a wheel by loosening the wheel nuts on the 6th Nov to a car in Catwick and a car parked on Main Street Long Riston on 3rd Nov has scratches to the paintwork.
Please visit our website for advice on vehicle security. Please share this message through your social media platforms
The KCOM crime prevention signs will be visiting various sites during December.
Please remove all valuables from your secured vehicle when left unattended and leave the glove-box open and empty to reduce the opportunity of becoming a victim.
Your Neighbourhood Police Officers will continue to help protect residents from becoming victims of a crime and step up their efforts to deter offenders and raise awareness of the steps that residents should take to protect their homes and Christmas presents over the festive period. Thieves can target houses with Christmas presents on view so we would urge everyone to be vigilant – don’t let thieves steal your Christmas. See our tips below to help protect your valuables, car, and house.
Top tips to keep your valuables safe:
• Keep wallets, purses, mobile phones and iPods out of sight and bags secure, especially in crowded places.
• Avoid carrying large amounts of cash, and be vigilant when drawing money from ATMs.
• Keep your PIN number safe, do not disclose to anyone or carry with your card.
Top tips to keep your car safe:
• Park in a busy, well-lit area or secure car park if possible.
• Close windows, sunroof, lock doors & activate security alarms when leaving your car.
• Do not leave valuables or shopping on display in your car.
• Take valuables with you when you leave your car, eg: cash, credit cards, mobile phones, SAT NAV systems etc.
• If you have no choice, make sure valuables and shopping are locked in the boot; taking care no-one is watching you.
• On cold days, don’t leave your car unattended with the engine running while it warms up.