Welcome to the Ferry neighbourhood policing team

Coronovirus (Covid-19) update

We encourage everyone to follow the Government guidance and remember #HandsFaceSpace.

Stay informed through our social media channels, find us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram.  Don't forget to also sign up to My Community Alert and receive community alerts directly to your devices.

For incidents that don’t require an immediate response call our non-emergency 101 line. You can also report non-emergency crimes online via our reporting portal. In an emergency always dial 999.

Meet Your Team

Insp 2155 Craig Leitch
Insp 2155 Craig Leitch
Sgt 1254 Jamie Allen
Sgt 1254 Jamie Allen
PC 2582 Rich Kirk
PC 2582 Rich Kirk
PCSO 7834 Ben Gray
PCSO 7834 Ben Gray

Community Alerts

STOLEN DOG: Appeal to locate stolen distinctive spaniel (Humberside Police)

Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021 13:35
Humberside Police
Local news


Wednesday, 6 Oct 2021 10:46
Humberside Police
Crime Updates

HULL FAIR: Top Ten Tips for a Safe Fair (Humberside Police)

Friday, 1 Oct 2021 21:25
Humberside Police
Community Safety News

Cannabis Edibles: Information and Advice (Humberside Police)

Friday, 1 Oct 2021 11:23
Humberside Police
Community Safety News

Spoof HMRC phone calls (Humberside Police)

Tuesday, 28 Sep 2021 09:11
Humberside Police
General crime prevention message

HMRC Cold Calling (Humberside Police)

Friday, 24 Sep 2021 22:33
Humberside Police
Business: Scam Alerts

What's Happening In Your Area?


HGV's using Top Road, South Killingholme in contravention of the 7.5 tonne weight limit


  • Working with partners, stakeholders and local communities to minimise disruption to the local community.
  • Maximise opportunities to secure information and intelligence in relation to any incident that is a policing matter.
  • Maximise opportunities to secure evidence in relation to any potential offences.

Police Powers

To stop any vehicle that is contravening the weight limit and deal proportionately with that offence. When this was last checked no vehicles were breaching the weight limit.

Off Road Motorbikes

The police have taken a number of reports that off road motorbikes are being used on private land and public roads around The Skitter, East Halton. The police have many days of action under the name of OpYellowFin to which we will have the data analysed in order for the police to target the possible owners of these motorbikes.

Officers are carrying a liquid called DNA Selected Spray which will help the police identify the offenders many months after the officers have used the device. If a person has been identified then positive action will be taken.


  • Work with, and support the relevant partners to ensure a safe environment of all those attending the location.
  • To provide public reassurance as well as reduce the opportunity for crime and disorder through the effective deployment of police resources.
  • Working with partners, stakeholders and local communities to minimise disruption to local communities.
  • Maximise opportunities to secure information and intelligence in relation to any incident that is a police matter.
  • Maximise opportunities to secure evidence in relation to any potential offences whilst ensuring that the timing and scale of any police action or intervention mitigates the risk of problems escalating.

Police Powers

Section 34 Anti-Social Behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014: Authority to use section 35 Dispersal Powers. Officers will need to request that a Police Inspector puts this authority in place in order for a Police Constable or Police Community Support Officer, in uniform to exclude a person from an area for a period up to 48 hours (some restrictions do apply)

Using a Motor Vehicle in a Manner Causing Alarm, Distress or Annoyance: Section 59 and 60 of the Police reform Act 2002, Police (retention and disposal of motor vehicles). A Police Constable or Police Community Support Officer in uniform can issue a warning to the driver as well as the vehicle in question which will last for 12 months. If the driver or vehicle commits an offence under section 3 Road Traffic Act 1988 (careless and inconsiderate driving) and/or Section 34 (prohibition of off-road driving) for a second time then the vehicle that is being used will be seized by police. At the same time a fine can be issued to the driver.

The power to seize a motor vehicle (No Driving Licence/Uninsured): Section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988: A Police Officer in uniform may seize any motor vehicle if the officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the vehicle is or was being driven by a person who doesn't hold a valid licence for that class of vehicle or is uninsured for use by that person. All persons using a motor vehicle on a road or other public place must have insurance and a driver's licence. The police can also issue a fine for either of the above offences taking place

Please keep calling us regarding this issue and use the words Op Yellowfin.

Last Updated 24 Jun 2021

Be Part Of The Conversation

Do you want to find out what is happening in your local area? Well now you can.

Sign up to our My Community Alert system which enables residents, businesses and community groups to find out about what is happening in their local area. By registering you will receive real time messages about incidents happening in your neighbourhood that may affect you or your family.

You can choose how you would like to receive messages - by text, voicemail or email - as well as how often you receive alerts about the issues that matter to you, from collisions and road closures to missing people.

Sign Up For Alerts

Register or login below to receive community alerts directly to your devices.

Register Login

Where We Are Over The Next 6 Months

Wednesday 20 Oct, 6:00pm – 6:30pmThe Co-op, Barrow Upon-HumberCommunity Drop-in
Friday 29 Oct, 5:00pm – 5:30pmVillage Hall, WinteringhamCommunity Drop-in

Get In Touch

Visit our Report It area for information about the different ways to report a non-emergency crime e.g. using 101 or via our online reporting pages.
Remember if there is an emergency always ring 999.