Shed and Garage burglaries
During this last 4 weeks there have been 14 reports of Shed/Garage Burglary or attempts within the ward. This is an increase shed/garage burglaries. Foot patrols continue to take place in an effort to prevent and detect any further offences.
We have also been in the area offering crime reduction advice and target hardening to householders and also getting people registered with My Community Alerts
Residents are reminded to……….
- Secure your gardens with a fence and lockable gate
- Fix lightweight trellis and spiky planting to the top of fences to help prevent climbing
- Don’t leave tools or ladders in the garden
- Fit a dusk to dawn constant garden light and add a motion sensor light to warn you of any intruders
- Keep your house and shed/garage doors locked using quality insurance graded locks and consider CCTV
- Keep windows either locked shut or locked in a vented position
- Alarm your buildings, and display warning signs
- Don’t leave keys in locks or on display for a burglar to see and use
- Make your home appear occupied. Use timer switches to turn on lights.
- Don’t leave valuables on view through windows, which may tempt a thief
- Look out for your neighbours property, if anyone appears suspicious in the area phone 101
Register your property for FREE with immobilise.com
Register with www.mycommunityalert.co.uk