Shed and Garage burglaries
During this last 4 weeks there have been 6 reports of Shed/Garage Burglary within the ward. This is a slight increase in offences. Foot patrols will continue to take place in an effort to prevent and detect any further offences.
Residents are reminded to……….
- Secure your gardens with a fence and lockable gate
- Fix lightweight trellis and spiky planting to the top of fences to help prevent climbing
- Don’t leave tools or ladders in the garden
- Fit a dusk to dawn constant garden light and add a motion sensor light to warn you of any intruders
- Keep your house and shed/garage doors locked using quality insurance graded locks and consider CCTV
- Keep windows either locked shut or locked in a vented position
- Alarm your buildings, and display warning signs
- Don’t leave keys in locks or on display for a burglar to see and use
- Make your home appear occupied. Use timer switches to turn on lights.
- Don’t leave valuables on view through windows, which may tempt a thief
- Look out for your neighbours property, if anyone appears suspicious in the area phone 101
- Register your property for FREE with immobilise.com