Broughton and Appleby

Welcome to the Broughton and Appleby neighbourhood policing team

Insp Mark Fletcher has recently taken over leadership of the neighbourhood teams policing for rural North Lincolnshire.  You can find out a bit more about him and his role here.

Meet Your Team

Insp Mark Fletcher
Insp Mark Fletcher
Sgt 1554 Tim Rion
Sgt 1554 Tim Rion
Pc 1535 Anthony Sedman
Pc 1535 Anthony Sedman
PCSO 7763 Tracy Dyas
PCSO 7763 Tracy Dyas
PCSO 7848 Sammy Cheyne
PCSO 7848 Sammy Cheyne

Community Alerts

community clean up (Humberside Police)

Tuesday, 15 Jul 2019 14:44
Humberside Police
Good news

St Marys Avenue: IPhone stolen from vehicle (Humberside Police)

Tuesday, 8 Jul 2019 11:41
Humberside Police
Vehicle crime

Nuisance Motorbikes Sightings (Humberside Police)

Sunday, 29 Jun 2019 16:52
Humberside Police
Information request

Local News (Humberside Police)

Friday, 20 Jun 2019 08:15
Humberside Police
Local news

stolen sheep (Humberside Police)

Wednesday, 4 Jun 2019 15:37
Humberside Police
Local news

What's Happening In Your Area?


 Off Road Motorbikes

Residents have confirmed that a number of off road motorbikes are being driven on common land, which is causing other users of the land distress.


:To provide public reassurance as well as reducing the opportunity for crime and disorder through the effective deployment of police resources. 

: Working with partners, stakeholders and local communities to minimise disruption to local communities

:Maximise opportunities to secure information and intelligence in relation to any incident that is a policing matter.

:Maximise opportunities to secure evidence in relation to any potential offences whilst ensuring that the timing and scale of any police action or intervention mitigates the risk of problems escalating.

Police Powers

: Section 34 Anti-Social behaviour, Crime and Policing Act 2014: Authority to use section 35 Dispersal Powers. Officers will need to request that a Police Inspector or above puts this authority in place in order for a police officer or police community support officer, in uniform to exclude a person from an area for a period up to 48 hours (some restrictions do apply).

:Using a Motor Vehicle in a Manner Causing Alarm, Distress or Annoyance: Section 59 and 60 of the Police Reform Act 2002, Police (retention and disposal of motor vehciles). A police officer or police community support officer in uniform can issue a warning to the driver as well as the vehicle being used which will last for 12 months. If the driver or vehicle commits an offence under Section 3 Road Traffic Act 1988 (Careless and Inconsiderate Driving) and/or Section 34 (Prohibition of off road driving) for a second time the the vehicle that is being used will be seized by police. At the same time a fine can be issued to the driver.

:The Power to Seize Motor Vehicles (No Driving Licence/Uninsured): section 165A of the Road Traffic Act 1988: A police officer in uniform may seize any motor vehicle if the officer has reasonable grounds for believing that the vehicle is or was being driven by a person who doesn't hold a valid licence for that class of vehicle or is uninsured for use by that person. All persons using a motor vehicle on a road or other public place must have insurance and a driver's licence. The police can also issue a fine for either of the above offences taking place.


Your local team have been out in July on push bikes, in vehicles and in plain clothes in order to locate and deal with any offenders. At that time no one was found.

Last Updated 14 Aug 2019

Be Part Of The Conversation

Do you want to find out what is happening in your local area? Well now you can.

Sign up to our My Community Alert system which enables residents, businesses and community groups to find out about what is happening in their local area. By registering you will receive real time messages about incidents happening in your neighbourhood that may affect you or your family.

You can choose how you would like to receive messages - by text, voicemail or email - as well as how often you receive alerts about the issues that matter to you, from collisions and road closures to missing people.

Sign Up For Alerts

Register or login below to receive community alerts directly to your devices.

Register Login

Get In Touch

Visit our Report It area for information about the different ways to report a non-emergency crime e.g. using 101 or via our online reporting pages.
Remember if there is an emergency always ring 999.