Requesting personal data

Making a request for your own personal data is called Subject Access under the the Data Protection Act 1998.

There is a £10 administration fee for the provision of this information.

There are two types of information you can apply for:

  1. Information held on Humberside Police systems: This will include records such as incident reports of calls made to the Contact & Control Room, crime reports, statements etc. Download the form below to make an application.
  2. Information on convictions, cautions, & juvenile warnings and reprimands held on the Police National Computer (PNC). Applications are processed by the Association of Police Officers Criminal Records Office, known as ACRO. Follow the link below for details on how to make an online or written application.

Police Certificates:

Anyone needing Police Certificates for the purpose of Visa application in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America should contact ACRO. See the contact details below.

Legal responsibilities

The Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the individual (known in the act as the Data Subject) various rights. All staff working in the service have a duty of confidentiality.  

A breach of confidentiality or the Data Protection Act 1998 may result in the Force taking disciplinary action. 

The service actively implements and regularly audits security measures to ensure your information is safe.


Please note that you can contact the Information Compliance Unit (ICU) office via telephone on a Tuesday and Thursday between 10am and 2pm.  Alternatively queries can be sent via the ICU SPOC email address listed below.