Noise Nuisance

To report a crime call Humberside Police on 101.
If it's an emergency, you're at risk, or you feel threatened, call 999 and ask for the police.

Types of noise nuisance your council deals with

The list below shows the types of noise issues your council can help you with. Please note that car stereo noise is dealt with by the police, call 101.

  • Industrial - noise from factories, machinery, ventilation fans, air conditioning units, tannoys, sirens and vibration.
  • Noise like loud music from pubs, clubs, shops or offices.
  • Misfiring alarms from homes, businesses or cars. These might be security or smoke alarms.
  • Dogs barking.
  • Loud music from people's homes.
  • Other noises people make, usually at home, like shouting, banging, arguing or sexual activities.
  • DIY noise.
  • Noise from construction sites.
  • Street noise, like loud speakers and buskers.
  • Other noise, like those from household appliances.

Reporting noise nuisance in your area

North Lincolnshire Council

General info: Website 
Report online:  Website
Call: 01724 297000

North East Lincolnshire

General info:  Website
Call: 01472 326300

East Riding of Yorkshire Council

General info: Website
Report online: Website
Out of hours (emergency only): 01482 393939

Hull City Council

General info: Website
Call: 01482 300300