The Data Protection legislation provides you with a right to ask for a copy of personal data held about you, unless certain exemptions apply.
There are two types of information you can apply for:
- Information held on Humberside Police systems. This will include records such as incident logs of calls made to the Force Control Room, Crime reports, CCTV footage etc
- Information on convictions, cautions & juvenile warnings and reprimands held on the Police National Computer (PNC). Applications are processed by the Association of Police Officers Criminal Records Office known as ACRO. Follow the link below for details on how to make as online or written application.
- To apply for access to information held on Humberside Police systems we will need copies of two official documents to help establish your identity. For example: birth certificate, driving licence, passport, medical card, bank statement, utility bill, rent agreement.
It will assist with processing your application if one of the documents is a photographic identity document such as your passport or driving licence.
Do not send original documents as these will not be returned.
Apply using one of the following ways:
1) fill in the subject access request form.
2) write to the Data Protection Team using the address below:
3) by Email - you can expect a response to be provided to you within one calendar month following receipt of the completed form and satisfactory proof of your identity.
4) Requests can also be made verbally
You will be entitled to your information only and not to information relating to or which can identify another person. If you think that information might be held about you that may identify or have been provided by another person, you may want to obtain their written consent to enable the information to be provided to you. They will also need to provide satisfactory proof of identity.
The legislation allows us to extend the response period by a further two months where requests are complex or numerous. If this is the case, we will inform you within one month of receipt of your request and explain why the extension is necessary.
If you want to know if you have any convictions or cautions you need to follow the process below:
Applications are processed by an organisation called ACRO (Criminal Records Office) and not by us so we cannot accept these forms.
You will need to complete an ACRO application form which can be found on their website..
If you have questions about this please call ACRO on 02380 479920 or email email@example.com.
If no information is held about you, you will receive a letter confirming this.
To contact ACRO direct visit www.acro.police.uk or ring 02380 479920 – if calling from outside the UK, ring +44 19628 71111 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Anyone needing Police Certificates for the purpose of Visa application in Australia, Canada, New Zealand and the United States of America should contact ACRO. (See above)
Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS)
Certain types of employment which involve working with children or vulnerable adults will require a DBS check to be conducted. These checks will be done through the employer and are dealt with by the Disclosure & Barring Service.
If you have any questions about this process you should contact the Disclosure & Barring Service.