Old Goole: Call 101 if you have any information.
4 Nov 2016
Police are appealing for information following three outbuildings being targeted in the Old Goole area overnight between Sunday 30 October and Monday 31 October.
The incidents that occurred were on:
- Percy Street were a quad bike and power tools were stolen from a garage.
- Birch Grove were a pedal cycle was stolen from a shed.
- Oak Avenue were a quad bike, power tools and golfing equipment were stolen from a garage.
Anyone with information about the incidents or the whereabouts of the property should call 101 or Crimstoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Top 5 tips to prevent crimes in outbuilding burglary:
1. Homeowners should make sure that sheds and garages have good quality lock and hinges.
2. They should consider fitting deterrents in the garden like movement sensitive floodlights as these will leave thieves feeling exposed. Likewise alarms on sheds and garages will deter thieves as they would not want to be spotted in out buildings taking property.
3. Garden tools, DIY equipment and leisure items such as fishing and golf equipment should be locked away in storage cupboards within outbuildings to form a second line of defence to thieves.
4. Motorbike and pedal cycles should also be locked even when they are in a shed or garage.
5. To assist the police in recovering and returning stolen property, people should register valuables onto www.Immobilise.com