This morning Monday 28 October saw the official launch of Operation Galaxy, but over the last fortnight prior to our launch officers involved in our new proactive task force have been making arrests, gathering intelligence and targeting those responsible for crime.
We've already published our results from 14-25 October. Well, earlier, the latest figures from over the weekend came in:
- Two men were arrested in Grimsby on Friday during a warrant executed under the Misuse of Drugs Act on Hainton Avenue. One man was arrested for possession with intent to supply illegal drugs, one for supplying a controlled drug. They’ve both been released under investigation.
- Class A and B drugs worth approx. £3,000 and around £2,500 cash was seized at the above address. An air weapon/gas powered pistol, an axe and scales were also found.
- A warrant was executed at a property on Ronson Close in Hull on Sunday. Three men were at the property. The address was searched and drugs paraphernalia was found but no drugs.
- One man was arrested in Hull on suspicion of section 20 GBH and section 47 ABH. He was bailed.
- A man was arrested in East Yorkshire on suspicion of sexual assault and rape. Items were seized from his property. He's been bailed.
- There was an arrest attempt of a man in connection with a section 18 assault in Hull.
- Searches were carried out for a high risk missing person at addresses in Hull. Unfortunately the person hasn't been found yet.
Our Op Galaxy officers are focused on proactively tackling crime and those responsible for it, but our task force is also able to identify vulnerabilities and help vulnerable people while we are out in our communities.
Follow us online and on social media for all the updates for Operation Galaxy as we get them. If you have any information that you want to pass on to us, please contact us on 101.
Call us on 999 in an emergency, or you can call the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
Read more about Op Galaxy here: https://www.humberside.police.uk/news/launch-operation-galaxy