Wildlife & Rural Crime

Humberside Police are committed to the policing of Wildlife and Rural Crime.

Appointed Wildlife Crime Officers (WCOs) who, along with their normal duties, volunteer to investigate and provide advice in relation to wildlife offences.

WCOs are specially trained in investigating crimes against wildlife. They will either assist other police officers or take the lead role in the investigation of the more intricate cases, and can also provide advice to colleagues & members of the public.

WCOs are able to provide support and advice in relation to Wildlife & Rural Crime, and have a personal interest in this type of work.

We have a dedicated Wildlife and Rural Crime Officer, PC Brandon Ward (follow Brandon on twitter @HPWildlifeRural) and an allocated email address: SPOCRuralandWildlifeCrime@humberside.pnn.police.uk

Humberside Police would like to ask residents, whether from the farming community or not, to keep their eyes open and report anything suspicious by calling the non-emergency number 101.  If someone sees a crime in progress always call 999.​