Neighbour Disputes

Disputes between neighbours can be caused by a variety of reasons. If your dispute involves an assault, a breach of the peace or criminal damage it is a police matter. Call 101, or call 999 in an emergency. Your report needs to be directed to your local council in some cases, see below.

If you live in either council housing or housing controlled by a social landlord, your housing officer should be the first point of contact.

Some issues like parking in front of your property, repairing vehicles on the road/private driveway or boundary issues are private and not a matter for the police or the council