Humberside Police treats everyone with dignity and respect, and we expect the same of our community. This includes our online community therefore we have set the following 'code of conduct' for the users and contributors to the Humberside Police Facebook pages.
Our Facebook page was established to provide a place for our communities. In an effort to establish a place where all our communities feel comfortable we have developed some guidelines to keep in mind as you interact on our Facebook page. We hope by providing these guidelines our communities will have a more enjoyable experience and will be encouraged to return regularly.
- Use of this page is subject to the normal Facebook Terms and Conditions of use of being a Facebook user.
- The services and content are designed for individuals 13 years of age or older.
- As a user of the service you will uphold this code of conduct, and are responsible for all activities and content or comments you post/upload.
- In addition to upholding this code of conduct, you are responsible for adhering to all applicable local and national laws.
Humberside Police may without notice ban, block, mute or report individual user accounts who post any of the following or similar content to the Humberside Police Facebook pages.
- Incites, advocates or expresses pornography, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity, hatred, bigotry, racism, or violence.
- Provides or creates links to external sites that violate this code of conduct.
- Threatens, stalks, defames, defrauds, degrades, victimises or intimidates an individual or group of individuals for any reason; including on the basis of age, gender, disability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, race or religion.
- 'Junk mail', 'spam', 'chain letters', 'pyramid schemes', 'affiliate marketing', or unsolicited commercial advertisement.
- Names of victims or suspects, accusations or anything that could harm or jeopardise ongoing investigations or legal action.
- Details of unsubstantiated allegations.
Bans from commenting on the Humberside Police Facebook pages are lifetime and can only be reviewed under very exceptional circumstances.
Humberside Police is not responsible for the content of any user-created posting, listing or message. The decision to view content or engage with others is yours. We advise you to use your judgment.
Humberside Police reserves the right to amend or change the code of conduct or any service at any time without notice. We encourage you to periodically review these guidelines to ensure you are in compliance.