Chief Inspector & Superintendent Promotion Process
If you are an exceptional, experienced and career driven officer with a natural ability to lead others and are eager for the next step up in your career, or fancy transferring to Humberside, then we would like to hear from you.
These roles are crucial in leading our force and ensuring that we offer exceptional policing to the communities we serve.
To find out more and to apply, please click [here]
It’s a big decision, choosing to move your family for the job you love.
So you’ll need to ask yourself a few important questions:
- Do you want to be part of a family force that values your opinion, gives you the ability to specialise and has good promotion opportunities?
- Do you want to bring your family up in a low crime area, surrounded by good schools?
- Are you someone who loves a good independent café and bar scene, access to free museums and a vibrant nightlife?
- Can you see yourself exploring the rolling hills of the Yorkshire Wolds or the sandy beach at Cleethorpes Pier?
If your answer is yes to all of these, then you need to think about joining Humberside Police.
Why join us?
From farms to cities, rivers to coasts, we've got it all.
Our force area covers the rural East Riding and North Lincolnshire along with the coastal area of North East Lincolnshire and with the City of Hull at its heart.
It boasts some of England's most attractive countryside and some truly vibrant towns, all with transport links to Leeds, Manchester, London and the South. You can fly from Humberside Airport to many European destinations, and we’re only an hour away from Doncaster airport and 1 ½ hours from Manchester and Leeds Bradford airports.
We’ve got everything you need to bring up a family, with excellent schools, colleges and The University of Hull. You’re never more than a short drive away from the countryside or the coast for fun-filled family days out. Hull offers some of the best free museums and galleries including the Transport Museum and Ferens Art Gallery which hosted the Turner Prize in 2017. It’s also home to The Deep, one of the UK’s biggest and best aquariums.
Our country roads are some of the best in the country for cycling with the prestigious Tour de Yorkshire and Tour of Britain rolling through our patch. Whether you want to take part in one of the Sportives or you’re happy standing at the side lines and cheering others on we’re a great place to enjoy the sport.
We offer a generous relocation and removal package of up to £8,000 for those who live outside the force area and at least 50 miles from their permanent place of work. House prices in the area are really favourable with a three bed family home in the East Riding ranging from £250k – £350k. A similar home in North Lincolnshire ranges from £170k – £250k. A two-bed flat in the desirable Victoria Dock in Hull will set you back around £175k or renting of around £550pcm.
Are you eligible?
- Are you transferring from a Home Office police force?
- Have you successfully completed the full IPDLP programme?
- Have you successfully completed your probationary period?
As well as recruiting transferees for our uniformed functions, we are seeking applications from Officers, Sergeants, Detectives and Inspectors in the following roles:
- Roads Policing
- Serious and Organised Crime
- Internet Sex Offenders Team
- Counter Terrorism Border Policing
- PVP Domestic Abuse
- Motorcycle Surveillance
- Crime Support Surveillance
- Cyber Crime
- Major Crime Team - Modern Slavery
Teams from all areas of policing have done some great work recently. Find out more about what you could be working on when you #JoinUs : [Op Galaxy]