We often get enquiries regarding the welfare of animals and in particular issues relating to dog fouling, stray dogs and dogs left in vehicles. Here’s all the advice you need to help you report these issues.

Dog Fouling

The local council are responsible for keeping public areas like parks, playgrounds and pavements clear of dog foul. If you come across dog mess in any of these areas then please report this to your local council.

North East Lincolnshire Council Website

North Lincolnshire Council Website

East Riding of Yorkshire Council Website

Hull City Council Website

Stray Dogs

If you find a stray dog and you can’t contact the owner you must report it to your local council.

The RSPCA will not attend to collect stray dogs but will respond to an animal in distress or to a report of cruelty. [RSPCA Website]

Welfare of an animal

The RSPCA will respond to reports of animal cruelty and animals in distress. If the RSPCA need a police presence to deal with reports of animal cruelty or distress then they will contact us directly.

If you see animal experiencing cruelty or in distress please report it:

Report it online
Phone: 0300 1234 99

Dogs left in hot vehicles

If you have an immediate concern over an animal left in a hot vehicle please call 101. Details such as the location and vehicle information will be required so where it is possible and safe to do so please make the report from the scene of the incident.